Barcelona Tourist Bus
There are two main Barcelona Tourist Bus companies. They both visit the major sights.
I was a bit sceptical about these –until I took my Mom on one last year! It certainly beats plodding around in the heat and you get a great view of the city from the top decks of the buses. The commentaries are OK, too.
I really like being able to hop on and off, stoping for a refreshing Voll Damm or two away from the busiest places and then hopping back on to complete the visit. Well worth the money, especially considering the important discounts and freebies offered.
All Barcelona Tourist Bus routes take about 2 hours to complete (non-stop). They run every 7–15 minutes, according to the time of year.
Below is a bit more information on them and how to book on-line to avoid queueing in the city centre and wasting your valuable holiday time.
Barcelona Bus Turistic
See all the sights of Barcelona from the top of a double-decker Barcelona Tourist Bus. The Bus Touristic makes 44 stops and can hop on and off as many times and for as long as you like wherever the fancy takes you. You can change amongst the 3 different tours using your ticket –there are 6 interchange stops– and...see the best of the city in comfort!
See here for full information routes and timetables, as well as the discounts and freebies you get with your ticket.
- 3 tourist tours with just 1 ticket, valid for 1 or 2 consecutive days. (The tickets are valid per calendar days and not for 24-hour periods.)
- 6 transfer stops to swap from one line to another of the 3 exciting routes around Barcelona.
- 44 bus stops at places of interest. you’ll see it all in comfort!
- Audio-guide system in 10 languages to make sure you miss nothing.
- There's a Barcelona Bus Turistic every 5 to 25 minutes, according to the season.
- You get an informative tour guide detailing every bus stop, in 3 languages.
- Plus a discount-voucher booklet offering savings of over 180€ on your tourist visits.
- Special Promotion Barcelona Walking Tours: guided walking tours to discover Barcelona.
- Official Barcelona Tourism Officers on board giving up-to-the minute personalised information.
- Children under 4 travel free.
Why waste your time in Barcelona queueing?
Get full information and book on-line at guaranteed lowest price here.
Barcelona City Tour
Barcelona City Tour has more than 20 red double decker buses with panoramic upper decks giving great views of the city. These red buses follow two routes covering all points of major interest in Barcelona. The buses operate between 09.00 and 20.00.
All Barcelona City Tour buses are suitable for people with limited mobility, all have automatic ramps for easy access, wheelchair spaces fitted with safety harnesses and the lower deck is flat for easy mobility.
There’s a audio system in 12 languages providing information on everything of interest along the routes.
On the bus, you get a leaflet with a map of the city explaining the the route and describing the places of interest the bus stops at. These leaflets come in Catalan, Spanish, English, French, Italian and German.
Here’s all the information on routes, timetables, and guided walks you can book…
There are multilingual guides are the buses to answer any questions you might have.
Your Barcelona City Tour ticket lets you get on and off the buses as many times as you like for as long as the ticket is valid (one or two consecutive days).
Don't waste you holiday time in queues, get your tickets on-line here at the guaranteed lowest price. Get straight on the bus with your voucher
You can use the same ticket on both routes and swap from one to the other at any of the four interchange stops. When you board the bus, you will receive all the information on the route, together with a book of discounts for different places in the city.
Barcelona City Tours also offers combined bus and walking tours around the Gothic Quarter and Park Güell to make sure you get the best out of your visit.
Children under 4 travel free.
Back from Barcelona Tourist Bus to Barcelona Tourist Information Home